Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chill Factor Videos

  Take a look outside you guys.  It's rainy, windy and so muggy that when I breathe in air I'm thinking its soup. Disgusting.  Sure, its a gross day out, but its a perfect excuse to sit back and watch some epic Fleetwood Mac performances don't ya think? 
  And that's exactly what I'm going to do. If you guys read the post below, you would see that I have been watching Fleetwood Mac videos for a while now.  Weird? -maybe,  but its one of my favorite habits that I never see myself breaking.  There is something about watching a good rock and roll performance that gets me.   
  Whether its live or on video, Fleetwood Mac always seems to deliver and that is why I am going to give you all some links to the best live Fleetwood Mac performances out there.  These live performances give me chills every time I watch them.  So watch the videos below and I will even go as far as to let you know at which point I get chills. -The CHILL FACTOR if you will...
  There are tons out there, but I'll keep it simple and give you videos strictly from the 70's. In my opinion, this was when Fleetwood Mac was at its highest point commercially speaking as well as performance wise.

Now lay back, listen to the rain on your roof, and let the music take you away...


Cal Jam 1978 Ebony Eyes ok so its not technically Fleetwood Mac, but you have Mick and Stevie as well as former Fleetwood Mac front man Bob Welch.  Stevie has awesome vocals this whole performance but the CHILLS set in at mark 3:35 onward...and can we talk about her outfit??  So cool..love it!)


Rhiannon 1976: Rosebud Footage:  CHILLS at mark 5:15 onward. Her vocals are amazing in this performance.  Its all so simple but exciting at the same time.  One of my favorite live performances of all time.  The studio version of this song is so tame compared to the live version.  The live version (like this one) is pure raw talent.
  





Gold Dust Woman: 1977 in Japan.(CHILLS at mark 5:20 onward...)  Its a little trippy in parts, but the ending is just haunting. You can see the daggers that she is giving Buckingham in the first half of the song.  (mark 3:25 onward).  The song live is so different than the recording. Love it.


World Turning 1977 in Japan:  A great combination of vocals with Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.  I love the bluesy (old Fleetwood Mac) feel that this performance has.  Mick Fleetwood's drum/bongo solo is pretty cool too.  I got CHILLS when they bring it home at mark 6:40 onward)  It all comes back alive at that point.   This song never disappoints.



Fleetwood Mac 1976: I'm so Afraid Rosebud Footage(CHILLS at 2:13 onward...Buckingham tears it up and its oh so good...)  Not only is the guitar amazing throughout the entire song, but Buckingham in incredible during the last few minutes of this performance.  I can feel his emotion not only through his voice but through his guitar.  -And let me tell you he must be feeling pain.  Did you know that he never used a guitar pick?  Incredible.



Sisters of the Moon 1980 Tusk Tour ( alright, I broke the 70's rule on this one, but it was so chill worthy that I couldn't NOT add it.  CHILLS at mark 4:06 onward... but seriously, if you want the true CHILL FACTOR, I advise you to watch the whole performance.  She has the audience in the palm of her hand.





  Now these are only A FEW videos that give me chills. I feel like I'm not even scratching the surface with these performances-and you deserve more!  Don't worry, you'll get your dose of chill worthy videos throughout the blog.

Hope you all got chills!  As always....I did.

JDSkills


3 comments:

  1. http://web-site-tutorial.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-embed-video-to-blogspot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm also a big Mac fan, but I really think that at least making comparisons from the 70s lineup to the classic Peter Green blues era would give a lot more vibrant background to the subject at hand, especially since their early work was really successful in its own right.

    Anyway, I love your inclusion of Tusk's Sisters of the Moon, which I don't think gets enough recognition-much like Peter Green Fleetwood Mac, which evokes a different, but equally potent sort of energy. If you've heard "Green Manalishi" live, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of the comments made above! Sam, that link made things much easier for me and Rex,-Good point!

    I have been meaning to write of the Peter Green era but I simply and honestly forgot! My posts will probably be a bit scattered from era to era but at some point you will get a great post about the different incarnations of Fleetwood Mac.

    There are sooo many Mac songs that don't get recognition that I hope to touch on. I love Green Manalishi! I have a version here on youtube that I always seem to find myself watching. Its from Largo 1975 and has Lindsey on guitar and vocals. Stevie also sings a great haunting vocal at 4:00 onward. Love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCPPwT8umLY

    Thanks guys! -JDSkills

    ReplyDelete