Friday, March 11, 2011

Stevie Nicks on Glee!

Stevie Nicks wasn't technically a character on Glee, but her song Landslide was used on this past Tuesday's episode.  She even had time to pay a visit to the Glee cast and express how happy she was about their choice to use her song.  She was thrilled( and a tad smitten for Mr. Shue) to say the least...



"What makes you happy Stevie?"

"To be on my  pink couch
in my 1938 library with a cup of Chai Tea, hot water bottle and...Glee."-Stevie Nicks

Watch this interview where Nicks talks about what went into the making of the song Landslide.  Honestly, I knew that this song was about some aspect of change in a young person's life, but I never really knew exactly what the lyrics meant until now.  Really interesting video...check it out. 


" On my last day on this earth there are a few things I  will think of and I will definitely think of my day at Glee."

Now, I will be the first to chuckle at this statement. Stevie,  on your LAST day on this earth, the thing you will be thinking about is your time on Glee?  Thats a pretty intense statement!  She must really love the show...

One thing I won't chuckle at is the fact that  her statement about how Glee is bringing back songs into the mainstream is so right on.  Yes, some parts of the show may be a bit cheesy, but let me tell you first hand that I know that this show is a guilty pleasure for some men out there.  Don't deny it...

The songs on this show are undeniably creative and they bring a new twist on some songs that otherwise would have been forgotten.  Props Glee and thank you Stevie for recognizing the great talent behind this show.  After all, if Stevie Nicks thinks this show is cool...then its cool.
 

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment