Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stevie Nicks Does Dave Matthews "Crash into Me"

   
   I am going to go ahead and assume that we all know the song by Dave Matthews entitled Crash into Me.  Its a song from his Crash album in 1996 that seems to draw a fine line between sweet and sexy.  Matthews describes this song as "The worship of women" on his appearance on VH1's Storytellers.   It remains a romantic song, but its that subtle hint of sexuality  leaves the audience only wanting more.

   We all have heard the song from a man's perspective, but what about a woman's perspective?  I bet you will be shocked to know that Stevie Nicks did a live version of this song during her appearance on the  Soundstage Sessions in 2008. "Crash through the eyes of a woman..." is how Nicks describes her version of the song.  What do you guys think?  I, for one...love it!




Stevie does a brilliant job at singing the woman's point of view of this song.  Men, there ya have it.  We are just as "bare boned and crazy for you" as you are for us! Those are the best songs.  The ones that both genders can relate to. This song is pure genius.  I mean, everytime I listen to it, whether it be Nick's version or the original by Matthews, I am blown away by the force of creativity.  Its that creative force that is missing in the music industry today. 

  So, two words I will leave you with...Subtle Sexuality.   Incorporate this into your song (who knows, maybe I have a few followers who are songwriters) and I will play it all night long. <Oh yeah... go to that link and you will get one of the best Warren Zevon songs of all time.  Lets just say he isn't too subtle with his sexuality or anything else for that matter...but hey, thats Zevon!  Gotta love him...

 
"Sweet you rock and sweet you roll..."

JDSkills

2 comments:

  1. Awesome video! I love DMB too, this blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Cassie-I get some awesome fashion ideas from your blog!

    ReplyDelete