Sunday, April 24, 2011

Lindsey Buckingham Hits the Stage Solo

Oh yes.  You read correctly.  Lindsey Buckingham is planning on releasing another solo album in September of this year.  The name of the album will be entitled, "Seeds We Sow."

My older sister (my inspiration for my love of Fleetwood Mac,) currently lives in the LA area and was able to see Lindsey Buckingham's "sneak peak" performance at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills this past Friday. He played some Mac songs such as "Go Your Own Way," "Second Hand News," and many more that you know and love.  Needless to say, the older sis was once again blown away by his performance.

I did find some videos from Youtube of that night.  These songs are the tracks that will be on his upcoming September solo album, "Seeds We Sow."  I can't wait for the tour after seeing these live performances!

Stars

This song is my favorite so far. Sometimes I can never tell if the man is playing a guitar or a harp. They talk about guitar gods...I think he's a guitar angel.  Actually, I lie.  He is a guitar god in my mind.  God and angel can be the same thing can't it?

The Way Love Goes

I love how this song starts so delicate and quiet and then....BOOM, crazy drums and guitar riffs mingle to create one hell of a rockin' sound. Check out the guitar solo at mark 2:15. He keeps that intricate riff going while he finishes the song out strong. "It goes, it goes, it goes, it goes..."-Gosh Bucker you already got me singing...

End of Time

Just hearing this song makes me wish that he was releasing his album this summer rather than fall. This one makes me feel like I am laying on a beach in SoCal. Ahh picture it. I already can feel it.


Those are only a few new songs that he played that night. I will post more throughout the week, but what do you think so far? I for one LOVE it. I can barely wait for the fall tour after seeing these performances! It seems as though the great energy of these songs will result in one wild concert.-wild in a good way of course!

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment