Monday, April 4, 2011

Stevie and Rod Stewart Moments...

Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart have been on tour for a month or so and I am sad as well as quite disappointed to say...I have yet to see a show.

I know! I know!  I am cringing as I write this, but you don't understand.  Tickets were literally over $300 each.  If it was simply Nicks alone or Fleetwood Mac, I would GLADLY pay that amount of money. I am saving up my money in the hopes that Nicks will do a summer tour for her new CD, In Your Dreams (Wahhhhoooo for May 3rd!)

Anyways, I did find some great performances of Youtube from the Rod/Stevie Tour.  Check out a few...

Love Is (Closing song for Stevie's set list)


Hold the phone...can we take a moment and look at how stunningly beautiful this woman is at age 62?!  I don't know how she does it.  She doesn't even use botox!  She is just timeless.  And this song...gorgeous.  She is hitting some soft notes in this performance that resembles the voice of a young Nicks in the 1970's.  Those notes are the ones that makes me close my eyes and wish I could go back and time to that world.  For a moment, I feel as though I actually can.   TMP (Time machine performance)

Young Turks (Rod Stewart ft. Stevie Nicks)

I am going to sound really silly, but where in this song do they actually say the word "Young Turks"?  I wonder why they never named it Young Hearts?  Anyways, Stewart makes me laaaaaugh.  His voice really hasn't changed a bit.  I mean, I will be the first to admit that this guy's voice gives me shivers up and down my spine.  I will also admit another thing...at mark 2:50 I get a bit...well...embarrassed for Stevie.  I'm sure shes having a great time, but it makes me uncomfortable...I don't know why!   But hey, she still looks GORG (as in gorgeous).   Overall, it was all a fun, upbeat performance.

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment