Monday, April 18, 2011

Tom Petty Love

Stevie Nicks has admitted herself that if she were not a rock star, she would probably be a "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" groupie.  When Nicks embarked on her solo career in the early 80's, Nicks collaborated with the lead Heartbreaker on a few songs.  

Put these two musicians together and you instantly melt.  Her voice seems to wrap around Petty's almost perfectly.  Their harmonies evolve into one powerful yet serene sound that can only be described as nothing short of magic.


This first videos is probably going to be familiar to most of you...


Stop Draggin' My Heart Around-1981

I have to admit, this video is a bit sad. We gotta give Nicks a break though. Music videos were brand new in 1981 and I guess she just wasn't used to the art of lip-syncing.


The Apartment Song-year unknown.  Most likely, 1980's.

How bad are you bopping in your seats right now? I absolutely ADORE this song!


Nicks also joined Petty onstage during his tour with the Heartbreakers in 2006.  It makes me a sad girl to say...I didn't go to the concert.  Seriously, my eyes welled up writing that sentence.  Huge regret.

Learning to Fly-2006 Tour

Obsessed with this performance. I will play it on repeat over and over again...

Don't Come Around Here No More-2006 Tour

I love this whole performance, but mark 5:20 on...I'm in pure bliss.

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment