Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When I See You Again

I have to admit, when I first heard this song off the Tango in the Night album...I hated it.  I didn't like the sound of Stevie Nicks' voice.  I didn't like it at all.  It wasn't until one night that I actually took a listen to the song all the way through and realized how beautiful it really is. 



So, mark 2:37 onward is absolutely stunning right?  Well, rumor has it that after the track was recorded, Nicks snuck back into the studio  and took out her vocal which left only Lindsey Buckingham singing the last few seconds of the track.  Buckingham wanted Nicks singing harmony on the track  and Nicks wanted  to simply have only Buckingham's voice.  It was left to a vote, and everyone in the band, and the studio,  voted to have Buckingham close the song with his haunting vocals. 

My opinion?  Good choice!  This sneaky move by Nicks made me love the song even more.  When you strip out Nicks' vocal, you can actually hear the emotion in Buckingham's voice.  I kinda want to be sneaky myself and do that on a few other Mac songs.  The Chain?  Go Your Own Way?  Mmmm I think I'm getting ideas...

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment