Monday, April 11, 2011

Why Does He Do It?

So, what did you think of that last post?   The lyrics and guitar on Lindsey Buckingham's song, To Try For The Sun are beautiful, but why oh why does he overdub so many of his songs?  His voice is so strong in his live performances. Why can't he just leave his voice alone?

Ok, I don't want to get all negative on my man Buck  Not all of the songs on his albums sound overly overdubbed (I couldn't think of a better way to say that...I'm sorry). Lets post a song that is equally as good on the album as it is live!  Its a 1992 favorite of mine.  Oh yes, I am sure that I was that four year old bopping along to this song in the backseat of my mom's car...

Countdown-Album version




Countdown-Live version


 See what I mean?  There is so much passion in that live version. (bare feet and all!)  I love this song, both on the album and live, but that live version...is seriously hot.  It obviously gave me the chills.

JDSkills (with the chills...)

No comments:

Post a Comment