Monday, January 17, 2011

Stevie's New Single: Secret Love

Stevie Nicks' first studio album after 10 years!
  Stevie Nicks will release a studio album after ten long years.  It will be called In Your Dreams, and will be released on May 3rd of this year.  Her single from this album has been leaked on Youtube, so OF COURSE I will be leaking it to you!

Little history lesson first though...

Being that Stevie Nicks is a prolific songwriter, she writes constantly.  She wrote this single, Secret Love, sometime around 1980 which leads me to believe that this song was meant to be on her 1981 solo album, Bella Donna.
  I just love when Stevie brings back songs from demos that she wrote in the past.  It seems to bring a new level of meaning to the song.  What the song meant in the past, may not be what it means  at this point in her life....or perhaps it does?  -I guess only Stevie can answer that question.

So, I decided to let you all listen to the demo track that Nicks made in the late seventies before I let you listen to the "new and improved" track that will be officially released on February 3rd.

Secret Love Demo:(late seventies-1980)




And now...*drum roll*...after 30 years...
Secret Love: Off the upcoming album, In Your Dreams



This song only gives us a snippet of what we can expect on her album.  It is such a tease and I can't wait until May 3rd, when her new album is released! 

Way to go Miss Nicks!  Once again, your voice has given me chills.

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment