Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Wish List

Stevie Nicks' album is coming out on May 3rd of this year and I am literally counting down the days!  Its been two weeks since Nicks has announced to the world that she will be coming out with a new solo record, In Your Dreams.  Ever since I heard that announcement, I have been a little miss antsy pants wondering as to what songs could possibly be included on this upcoming album. 

Look a few posts down and you will see that her new single Secret Love, which will be released on February 3rd, was "brought back to life" from a demo track that she recorded in the late 70's.  This leads me to speculate that Nicks may want to bring more songs back from the dead in her new album.

So, I've been pondering away and trying to think what songs Nicks may choose to put on this masterpiece.  She has made so many beautiful demos and to post them all on here would just be a bit...well nuts.  So, I will just give you my TOP 3 PICKS...this is going to be hard.

-WISH LIST for In Your Dreams-

1.) My Heart-I am still dumbfounded as to why this song was never included on an album. Listen to it and tell me that you don't get some kind of chill coursing through your body.  Play it at mark 2:52 onward and I'm a puddle on the floor its that good. This is by far, one of the most beautiful, truthful songs Nicks has ever written (in my opinion) Top of the wish list Macsters, top of the wish list...

"We stand alone like nothings changed...
After all these years, its still the same, and you are not to blame."


2) All the Kings Horses-Yes, I know when you first listen to this song you may all be thinking, "Whaaaaat is JDSkills thinking?" As you may already know,  I am a fan of demos and like the "unpolished" recordings of songs.  However, I can see how Nicks' can vamp up this song and give it more of a rockin' sound. The song really builds at mark 5:14 when Stevie is accompanied by her two backup singers, Lori Nicks and Sharon Celani.  I could play this song over and over again.  There is such great potential in this song and it deserves its time its in the spotlight!


" And we'll do it again tonight... one more time.
You put it back for me, and you always change my mind."



3.)  The Dealer-Man, this demo track has been buried for over thirty years and needs to see the light of day.  This demo track almost sounds as though it was inches away from being included on an album doesn't it?  You have Nicks recording harmonies with her backup singers, Sharon Celani and Lori Nicks and you can sure as hell hear Waddy Wachtel ripping it up on guitar!-one of the best guitarists might I add.  He's played with everyone from the Everly Brothers to Jackson Browne to the great Warren Zevon-and the  list goes on...
I can only imagine what the finished product of this song would sound like both live and on an album. 

"'I'll be the passion, and you'll be the play...
I'll just almost hold you, if you just almost stay."

Oh, it is almost a tease to think that we need to wait a good five months before we can actually see if any of these songs will make it on the new album.  Its out of our hands Macsters.  All we can do now is dream and thats not a bad thing.  Afterall, her album is going to be called In Your Dreams.  Let's hope our dreams come true.

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment