Wednesday, January 5, 2011

All Better with Buckingham

Looks relaxed doesn't he?
Eww.  So this may be TMI, but my wisdom teeth were impacted which meant that it took WAY longer than expected to heal after surgery. They literally were growing sideways underneath my gums.   I would add a picture to give you guys an idea of what my crazy wisdoms were like, but that would be a bit much don't you think?  After all,this is a blog dedicated to Fleetwood Mac, not wisdom teeth!

With that said, I am back to deliver the Mac goods!  I stumbled across this footage months ago, but it was brought to my attention once more when I was recovering last week. What else would I watch to make myself feel better after surgery?

Certain tracks off of Lindsey Buckingham's various solo albums always seem to give off a relaxing vibe.  I sure needed a dose of relaxation last week (sometimes the meds I was given didn't quite kick in...ouch).

Take a Buckingham chill pill and watch/listen to these videos that helped me feel better!

Castaway Dreams (2007 Under the Skin Album)



Countdown (1992 Out of the Cradle Album)-I can't not comment about this performance!  The album version is quite "poppy" and the way in which he breaks down the song and vocal ranges is simply out of this world. Take a listen to the album version by clicking on this link.  Both versions are great, but the way in which he transforms the song from an upbeat and optimistic tone into a dark and almost desperate tone is what makes him an artist.  The chill factor hits me hard on this one!


Love Runs Deeper (2008 Gift of Screws Album)



You Do Or You Don't (1992  Out of the Cradle Album)-Music starts at the 30 second mark.


Those are the songs that replaced my feelings of "Ow" to feelings of "Ah.."  Seriously, who needs Vicodin when you have Buckingham?




JDSkills




No comments:

Post a Comment