Sunday, May 8, 2011

FINAL EXAM MAYHEM!

Quick post.

I realize I have been MIA, but it is simply because I have been studious over the past few days and studying for my finals.  Good girl right?

I will tell you this, I have gotten my copy "In Your Dreams," and it literally brings tears of joy to my eyes.  It was well worth the wait!

Here is a track off the album, and again, I will be back on here to give a personal review over the next few days!

"Annabel Lee"-A poem by Edgar Allen Poe put into musical form by Stevie Nicks.


At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this song.  It seemed a little too slow at the beginning, but I listened to the rest of the song  and...BOOM.  The chorus comes in at mark 1:23 and now it is one of my favorite songs on the album.   Not only is the musical arrangement simply stunning in this song, but the song allows me to see how similar the lyrical formatting is between Nicks and  Poe.  You can see where she gets her creative influence from.

And I also think it is pretty cool to say, "Yes, I know a poem by Edgar Allen Poe by heart...jealous?" 

JDSkills
 

No comments:

Post a Comment