Friday, May 13, 2011

Review A Day: "Moonlight"

I was seriously getting some major withdrawals/sweats when I saw that blogspot was down for the past two days.  I have so much to talk to you Macsters about!

As promised, I will deliver my thoughts on the new Stevie Nicks album, "In Your Dreams."
 Guys, it is really one of her best solo records to date.  The songs are perfect to listen to when going for that long summer drive.  It is evident that Nicks has poured her heart and soul into this album.  Lets take you through the album song by song shall we?- But don't hesitate to go out and by the album!  Its so worth it.

Actually, I take that back.  Lets review ONE song off the album each day.  You didn't think I was going to spoon feed you the entire album did you?  Nope.  You need to actually go out and BUY it.  This might seem like a tease, but it is all the more reason as to why you need to go out and BUY the album.  You will thank me later...


Track 6: "Moonlight ( A Vampire's Dream)"


This is my favorite song on the album by far. Those first few versus are actually from an unreleased demo track that Nicks recorded in the late seventies. The demo track, "Lady From the Mountain," was one of those demos that is believed to be written about her relationship with Lindsey Buckingham. Nicks also said in past interviews that the chorus of this song was inspired from the film, "Twilight." Nicks told online website, "Spinner UK," about her inspiration behind the song...

"He loves her, but he loves his life alone as well' -- people would think that was written about Edward, but it was written about Lindsey. So this really is an ancient song that encompasses my strange and everlasting relationship with Lindsey Buckingham, and Bella and Edward, all mixed into one."

Nicks also said that her relationship with Buckingham was quite "vampiric," in the way that their relationship seems to never die. She said that it was a song about how love never dies.

Alright. My little heart melted when I read that. I can't help it. I wish those two could just work it out...

I also have to say that I am super pumped that she used that demo track.  There was a post a few months back, I'm guessing in January, where I created a "wish list" of songs that I hoped Stevie would include on the album.  They were all demo tracks.  "Lady from the Mountain" was at the top of the list. 

Um, Stevie....are you out there reading this blog?  Give a shout out.  That would absolutely make my day.

More reviews to come throughout the week!

JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment