Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review a Day: "For What It's Worth"

This next song is another one of my favorites on the album.  Take a listen to "For What Its Worth." Record producer and Heartbreaker (of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers...) did some work with Stevie Nicks on this track.

Track 2-"For What Its Worth"


Don't you just love how she does the harmony part with her own voice for the second and third chorus parts? Wow, I don't know if that came across right, but listen to it at mark 2:16 on. You will see what I mean. Its absolutely beautiful. Its so simple and passionate all at the same time. Love it.

"I got to sing
I got to dance
I got to be apart of a great romance
Still forbidden..."

Ok...now I am leaning towards believing that this song is about Lindsey Buckingham...again.   You all are probably thinking that I am crazy and a little bit fanatic about their everlasting relationship (both musical and physical), but I can't see these lyrics pointing to anyone else!  Obviously, the relationship between Lindsey and Stevie is and was considered a "great romance."  This was also evident in 1997 when Fleetwood Mac went on the road for "The Dance Tour."  "I got to sing and got to DANCE.  I got to be a part of a great romance..."  And I also heard that Buckingham did have a girlfriend during the time of that tour, which obviously made the relationship between Nicks and Buckingham somewhat forbidden.   I might be taking this too far, but you get the point.

And how can you deny this quote?  This is what Buckingham had to say about his relationship with Nicks during "The Dance" tour.

"This was like the girl I used to live with again. And it was no longer bittersweet, like it had been for so long, it was just sweet."
-[Lindsey] VH1 Behind the Music


Beautiful song!

JDSkills

 




No comments:

Post a Comment