Monday, May 16, 2011

Review a Day: My Heart

Remember that little diddy I posted a few months back?  It was probably under the demo section, but it was a song called "My Heart."  Stevie Nicks has done it again and brought back this demo track that was originally supposed to be on her 2001 solo album, Trouble in Shangri-La.  Lets first listen to the demo track from 2001, and then the updated bonus track that is on In Your Dreams.

Demo Track: My Heart (2001)


Bonus Track on In Your Dreams


So which one is better? It is really hard to answer that question. Personally, I like the raw quality that is found on a demo track, but that's not to say that the clean album track isn't equally as good. The mandolin guitar break and the "Ooh yeahs" are pretty cool when they blend together. Chilling if you ask me.

So once again, Miss Nicks has brought back a song from the dead. First the single, "Secret Love," and now "My Heart." I, along with other die hard fans, am loving that she is bringing back the "long lost songs."


"And you understand...
...It's all the same."
JDSkills

No comments:

Post a Comment